ILA Members: Login to access recordings and presentation materials from our extensive Webinar Archive.
View complete lists of past webinars (sorted by year). No login required.
Soft Leadership: A New Leadership Perspective
with M.S. Rao
A new style of leadership is needed in our interconnected, global, technocratic world. "Soft Leadership" is the answer to this need. Join Professor M.S. Rao in this webinar exploring soft leadership—a relationship-oriented style of leadership which incorporates the skills of influence and motivation to make a difference in the lives of others.
In this webinar you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the concept of Soft Leadership.
- Discuss the 11 C's of leadership that collectively constitute soft leadership.
- Differentiate between soft and hard leadership through case studies.
- Explain and illustrate the characteristics of soft leaders through corporate and academic examples.
- Call upon participants to consider how leadership insights gained during the session may be applied individually and organizationally.
Discover what it means to lead by persuasion, and how this style of leadership focuses on influencing behavior for the collective good.
Professor M. S. Rao is a world-renowned leadership consultant, coach, and speaker with over 30 years of experience. He earned a Ph.D. in Soft Skills, and is the author of 17 books, including Soft Leadership: Make Others Feel More Important (Foreword by Dave Ulrich). Rao has published more than 250 papers and articles in international publications such as Leadership Excellence, Leader to Leader, T+D Magazine (American Society for Training and Development), Personal Excellence, Chief Learning Officer Magazine, Emerald and Sage to name a few.
The founder of MSR Leadership Consultants in India, Professor Rao also serves as the company's Chief Consultant. He coined a new leadership style, Soft Leadership, and created the 11E Leadership Grid and the Soft Leadership Grid. In addition to Soft Leadership, Professor Rao's interests include leadership, coaching, and learning and development.