The Member Connector
ILA's Monthly Newsletter
Current Issue: July 2015
ILA's monthly e-newsletter is now available online. Login to the Members Only Area and follow the link to the Member Connector Archive. Or, check your email inbox! If you did not receive this month's issue via email, please make sure our addresses is not being blocked by your inbox security settings.
If you have an idea for an article in the Member Connector, please email
Debra DeRuyver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The tradition of building Castelles, or human towers, in Barcelona, other ways to increase your global mindset for Spain, and the name of the only hotel in ILA's Barcelona room block that still has rooms available!;
- Featured Publication: Understanding Leadership: An Arts and Humanities Perspective - Interview with authors Robert M. McManus and Gama Perruci;
- The use of comparative historical analysis to investigate our construction of leadership over time;
- How leaders can energize people virtually to commit and connect to the goals of their groups, organizations, and communities in this field note from Australia, “Leading in a Virtual World.”;
- What Michel Foucault’s last lectures can teach leaders about power and subjectivation with August’s Leadership Perspectives webinar Leader as Subject;
- Pictures and wrap-up from ILA’s Advancing Women in Leadership topical conference. Is that marshmallow they’re roasting? Yes it is!;
- and more!
Note: You must have your LoginID
and PWD to access this feature. Non-members are invited
to join ILA today!
Sample Past Issues
We are pleased to make a selection of our past newsletter available for free online. To access the complete archive of Member Connectors, please join the ILA or if you are currently a member, login to the Member's Only area of the Web site using the form on the left.
April 2014 (Download
What do the lunar eclpise, San Diego, the ILA Board, Uganda, and Appalachia all have in common? They're all featured in articles in this month's newsletter.
May 2014 (Download
Read about the connection between the power and three and the Russian troika. How is the ILA seeking to make its conferences more sustainable? This month's author interview and featured publication (and downloadable chapter) includes a critique of Burns' theory of leadership.
Past Member Connector Issues
Now you can download and view excerpts from all issues of Member Connector right from 2003 to today!
|2015||2014||2013||2012||2011||2010||2009 - 2003|