|To join ILA or renew your membership online, please click on a blue button below.
|INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP||STUDENT GROUP ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP|
Please download, fill out, and mail/fax the membership form below to ILA if you aren't able to use the online forms.
PDF Membership Form
View all individual student and group associate member dues by clicking here.
Contact our Membership Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or
+1 (202) 470-4818 ext. 104
ILA Student Memberships
Students are the future of the association. The ILA offers a special student membership designed to help you further your professionalization, access the latest research, share your unique experiences with other students, and network with established members of the field.
Currently, Student Membership benefits include:
Networking and Learning:
- Leadership Perspectives Webinar Series: Live sessions featuring presenters from many sectors and disciplines – also available on-demand
- The ILA Virtual Community: Connect, collaborate, and contribute in this space designed for interaction and networking
- Member Communities: join niche networks of members to explore leadership through the lens of shared interests and experiences
- Discounted conference registration: Save on the cost of attending the ILA's conferences
- Member Directory: Find and connect with potential mentors, research collaborators, and more
- Member-submitted articles: Opportunity to write an article for the Member Connector newsletter*
- Volunteer opportunities: Take a leadership role in a member community or on the ILA board
Subscriptions and Tools:
- Free journal subscriptions: Gain online access to the Journal of Leadership Studies, Leadership Quarterly, and Leadership and the Humanities
- Building Leadership Bridges: Receive a free copy of the ILA's peer-reviewed annual thematic book (Full members only - student members may purchase the book at the discounted member rate)
- The Member Connector: Keep up with ILA news and this monthly newsletter, featuring interviews with prominent authors
- Taylor & Francis Books: Receive a 20% discount and free shipping (both U.S. and international) on Routledge and Psychology Press books.
- Article and Chapter Excerpts: Access downloadable chapters from the latest leadership books and archived selections
- Wiley Books: Save 35% off print books on Wiley.com.
Special Student Opportunities:
- Opportunity to participate in the student case competition, conference colleagues, and special young leader networking events at the annual global conference
- Opportunity to submit to the Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award
- Opportunity to submit to the Fredric M Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award
In addition to all these great benefits, your membership will contribute to the continued development of a global network for all those who practice, study and teach leadership.
The ILA supports the active development and professionalization of students studying leadership and related fields. To be fair and inclusive, as well as promote that professionalization, student memberships are significantly discounted from individual memberships.
|INDIVIDUAL STUDENT MEMBERSHIP 1 & 2
||STUDENT ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP 1,2, & 3|
|Student Type||New Member Dues||Renewal Dues||Student Type||Annual Dues|
|Individual Student Application & Renewal Form||Student Group Associate Form|
To qualify for the Student Membership
rate, proof of status is required.
2. Student members enjoying this discounted rate only receive e-benefits. Those wanting benefits distributed by mail should pass on the student discount and join using the regular dues levels.
3. To qualify for the Student Group Associate membership, your university or department must be a current group member of the ILA. When you submit the Group Associate membership form, your affiliation with a group membership will be verified prior to activating your membership. This normally takes 24-48 hours.