- Herman Van Rompuy to Keynote!
Former President of the E.U. & Prime Minister of Belgium...
- Hotel Block Now Open!
- Conference Registration
Online conference registration opens on April 15, 2017. Learn more.
Call for Proposals
CFP Submission Is Now Closed | Acceptance Status Emails Will Be Sent on 10 May, 2017
About the CFP
The ILA seeks proposal submissions from the global community that represent the best contemporary thinking about leadership from a diverse range of leadership scholars, practitioners, educators, program directors, coaches, consultants, thought-leaders, students, and other leaders and leadership professionals.
The conference theme, Leadership in Turbulent Times, along with six tracks that focus more broadly on leadership in education, scholarship and research, development and coaching, business, public, and youth will be explored during pre-conference workshops, keynote presentations, concurrent sessions (papers, panels, presentations, symposia, and workshops), roundtable discussions, and poster sessions.
The six track chairs coordinate the peer review and selection of concurrent sessions including experiential workshops, panel discussions, presentations, research symposiums, and paper presentations. Visit the Requirements and Evaluation pages to learn more, then make your submission online using your ILA login credentials.
The official language of the ILA conference is English. Translation services are not provided.
Proposal Collaboration OpportunityAre you interested in finding colleagues with whom to submit a conference proposal and would you like to build your global network? Members, post your idea on ILA Intersections to find potential co-presenters!
Acceptance Status NotificationAcceptance status notifications will be emailed to everyone by May 10, 2017 so it is vital that your ILA profile includes a valid email and daytime phone number. In addition, please ensure that your email system will accept messages from @allacademic.com and @ila-net.org – and that the messages don't go to your clutter or spam folder.
If accepted, the next step is to confirm your conference participation by July 15, 2017 by registering for the conference. If you have not registered for the conference by July 15 your presentation will be subject to removal from the schedule and the presentation slot offered to someone committed to attending.
ILA Account or CFP Submission InquiriesPlease contact 2017brusselsCFP@ila-net.org or +1 (202) 470-4818 with questions or for assistance with the CFP.
If you have trouble logging into your ILA profile, please contact our Membership Manager at +1 (202) 470-4818 or email@example.com.
Tips for Submitting
- Create your submission in a word-processing program first and save it. Cut and paste information into the online system.
- Proposals should be free of presenter names, affiliations, or any other identifying information. Submissions that include any identifying information may be subject to immediate rejection. Accepted proposals will have the opportunity to revise and include identifying information at a later date.
- The online submission system will timeout after 60 minutes if you stay on the same page. You can refresh your session by clicking on the timer on the gray header at the top of every page. Note: if you timeout of the session and have not finished submitting your proposal, you will have to start over. A proposal is not saved until it is completely submitted.
- Be sure to click on the "Accept and Continue" button at the bottom of each page until you reach the confirmation page. When a proposal is successfully submitted, the system will display a confirmation page and will send you a confirmation message to the email address in your ILA profile.
- You can edit your proposal until the February 1 submission deadline. Log in with your ILA credentials, then click on "Submit or Edit a Proposal" on the Submitter Menu, and lastly click on the "edit" link next to the title of the proposal. In order to save all changes, click on the "Accept and Continue" button at the bottom of each page until you reach the confirmation page. If you exit the proposal before reaching the confirmation page, your edits will not be saved.
- To Serial Comma or Not? Please follow the ILA Style Guide (pdf) when writing your program book title and description. This short two-page document covers the most common style issues such as serial commas, capitalization, and more. If it's not covered in the style guide, we prefer APA for references and citations with some AP style thrown in for readability.